ESSENTIAL HOMEOPATHY – An One Year Course in Hong Kong 2014
To provide a deep understanding of homeopathy according to Samuel Hahnemann and a solid foundation on the principles and practice of homeopathy
This one-year course is an all-round foundation course providing students with knowledge and competence in various aspects of homeopathy:
1. Philosophy: a solid foundation in the philosophy and principles of homeopathy according to Hahnemann;
2. Practice: management of acute and chronic diseases including how to take a complete case (analyze and repertorize, homeopathic differential diagnosis, and make a prescription) and the follow-ups;
3. Materia Medica: an overview of about 100 homeopathic remedies and ability to study other remedies;
4. Medical Science: a concise knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and pathology from medical science of relevance to a homeopath;
5. Critical thinking: a critical mind in homeopathy and the healing arts for further professional education in homeopathy;
6. Classics: an appreciation of the classic materials in homeopathy (The Organon, MM Pure, etc)
7. Further Studies. The motivated and painstaking student on completion of this course should have a good mastery on the principles of Hahnemannian homeopathy as well as the knowledge and methodology to prescribe in most common acute and chronic conditions. While professional homeopathy courses in other countries ranges from three to six years of full-time studies, our expectation is that you learn the best from the root (The Organon and the Hahnemannian tradition) from this very condensed, high quality learning experience and shall thus grow strongly. Homeopathy is an art of long-life learning. We encourage students to continuously study and refine their knowledge, skill and soul to be a great homeopath.
3. Who is this course for:
Anyone (laymen) who wants to have a deeper and solid foundation in homeopathy.
Medical doctors, naturopaths, TCM practitioners, physiotherapists and other therapists who want to use homeopathy in their clinical practice.
Recently graduated homeopaths who wants to sharpen their skills and knowledge in the homeopathic process.
While our “Homeopathy for Family” course series (HOM101, 121, 151, 152) focus on the ‘homeopathic therapeutics’ (prescribing for acute and local affections), this one-year course deals with both acutes and chronics in a ‘constitutional’ approach.
4. Class Dates
Classes will be conducted Thursdays, 14:15-17:15, in Sheung Wan.
Semester One: 4th Sep 2014 (14 weeks)
Semester Two: 8th Jan 2015 (12 weeks)
Semester Three: 23rd Apr 2015 (12 weeks)
(In case of any cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather or lecturer reasons, make-up session(s) will be held on the same class hours after each semester.)
Total 40 sessions x 3 hrs = 120 lecture hours
We expect 3-12 hours of home-study per week to fully grasp the materials. The exact amount of home-study depends on your level of education in human health, homeopathy and English language, and your ambition to learn.
5. Course Content
The Organon of Health Arts by Hahnemann is the very root of homeopathy. We’ll learn in depth the cardinal principles from The Organon. Law of Similia. Principles of Simplex, Minimum, Remedy Proving, Chronic Diseases, Vital Force, and Dynamisation.
2. Materia Medica
We’ll cover about 100 remedies including their spheres of action, mentals, physical generals, modalities, organ and tissue affinities. Group analysis and differential diagnosis will also be included. We shall also illustrate with real cases.
3. Case Analysis / Repertorization
How to take a complete case, acute or chronic? What are the ‘characteristic’ symptoms of a case / remedy? Besides the conventional Kentian approach (using Kent’s repertory, and its followers Complete Repertory and Synthesis), special emphasis will be given to the Boenninghausen’s method (using Therapeutic Pocketbook Method and Complete Repertory).
4. Body systems
This section discusses the basic anatomy & physiology, and most common pathologies of each body systems. Remedies and rubrics most relevant to particular organ systems / pathologies are discussed. We’ll cover: skin, respiratory, gastro-intestinal, musculoskeletal, urinary, reproductive, cardiovascular, endocrine, nervous and special senses systems.
Dr Manisha Lakhekar BHMS. She holds her Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery from Nashik University (India), post graduate Certifcates in Child Health (CCH) and Obstetrics & Gyneacology (CGO) from Hahnemann College of Homeopathy (London). She is registered with the Homeopathic Medical Council of India. She has been teaching homeopathic and medical students as well as laymen since her second year BHMS. Her teaching always inspires and instills confidence in the students.
Arden Wong BBA BHSc, DipHom, CertTCM. Arden has been in full time practice since 2002 based in Hong Kong serving the local and international community. He started teaching the popular Homeopathy for Family short course since 2006 and has been writing a homeopathic book in Chinese. Arden holds a degree of Bachelor of Health Science degree and Diploma of Classical Homeopathy (Australia), as well as a Certificate of Traditional Chinese Medicine (HKU-SPACE) and Bachelor of Business Administration (CUHK)
Principles: Hahnemann’s The Organon*, Chronic Disease, MM Pure.
Materia Medica: Dubey*, Phatak*, Allen’s Keynote. (Further: Allen, Hering, Hahnemann)
Repertory: Boenninghausen’s Therapeutic Pocketbook* (Dimitriadis or Gypser preferred, or its electronic versions). Complete Repertory (*). Synthesis. Kent.
Medical sciences – to be advised
Medical and homeopathic dictionary. (print and free internet versions are widely available)
This list is subject to revision. (*) basic and compulsory.
8. Assignments and Assessments
Ongoing and end-of-course assignments and assessment will be given to motivate students to learn actively and to gain confidence. Formats include: case studies, MCQ quizzes, presentations, written assignments, etc.
9. Language Medium
English is the main medium in the course (class and texts).
Limited Chinese (Cantonese) support will be provided if necessary.
10. Entrance Requirements
1. Good command of English language for tertiary education.
2 a. Completion of HOM101, 121, 151/152 at AWNMC taught by Arden or Manisha; OR
b. concurrent enrollment in the above classes this Autumn; OR
c. concurrent enrollment in a homeopathy course of 100+ hours (#); OR
d. completion of 30+ hours learning of basic homeopathy in other institution (#)
3. Access to computer and internet for online resources and participation in off-class discussions.
(#) Please attach your prior learning details (institution, main lecturers, city, curriculum, certificate of completion / enrollment, number of lecture / home study hours, etc) to apply for recognition of prior learning.
11. Course Fee
HK$16,800 inclusive of: lectures, online forum, lectures notes and some basic textbooks.
1. By installments of HK$6800, HK$5000, HK$5000 before commencement of each semester respectively.
2. By single payment of HK$15,800 on or before 1st September, 2014.
3. Early-bird special: HK$14,800 before 1st August, 2014.
Cheques should be made payable to: “Arden Wong Natural Medicine Centre”.
All money paid are non-refundable, unless course cancelled or significantly re-scheduled / re-structured by the organisers.
Computerized repertories (details to be provided later).
More reference books.
Your dedication for using homeopathy to help people.
All enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Course booklet and enrollment form:
Essential Homeopathy Course HK 2014